Harford County Education Foundation Accomplishments
Student achievement in a community is a social, civic and economic issue. HCEF helps
strengthen our community by providing targeted funding and needed resources to students,
teachers and schools to ensure the academic and life-long success of our children. We want
all students to have access to innovative learning and materials to help them meet the rigor
of quality instruction and the challenges of 21st century workforce skills. Education is the
most powerful investment in the well-being of our youth, the stability of our families, and
the strength of our communities.
- 313 middle school students participated in a 3-day overnight retreat to learn leadership
and soft skills.
- 125 high school students participated in a week long leadership program to engage in
leadership, workforce skills, and career planning from business leaders.
- 6,258 students received $93,866 of needed school supplies.
- 500 students in need received homework tool kits.
- 258 educators shopped for free at the Tools for Schools Resource Center saving thousands
of dollars in personal expenditures on school and classroom supplies.
- 3,150 students in poverty received 9,450 skill based books to build home libraries and
slow summer regression of learned reading skills.
- $43,360 awarded in Classroom Innovation Grants to support an enriched learning
experience for students.
- 60 students were awarded $113,000 in scholarships.
- 25 students in need received laptops/tablets to support learning in the classroom and at