Harford County Education Foundation
Our Focused Impact
Student achievement in a community is a social, civic and economic issue. The Education Foundation helps strengthen our community by providing targeted funding and needed resources to students,teachers and schools to ensure the academic and life-long success of our children. We want all students to have equitable access to innovative learning and materials to help them meet the rigor of quality instruction and the challenges of 21st century workforce skills. We believe education is the most powerful investment in the well-being of our youth, the stability of our families, and the strength of our communities.
- 313 middle school students participated in a 3-day overnight retreat to learn leadership and soft skills.
- 125 high school students participated in a week long leadership program to engage in leadership, workforce skills, and career planning from business leaders.
- 10,072 students received $151,072.20 of needed school supplies.
- 1220 students in need received homework tool kits.
- 602 educators shopped for free at the Tools for Schools Resource Center saving thousands of dollars in personal expenditures on school and classroom supplies.
- 10,770 students in poverty received 17,740 skill-leveled books to build home libraries and slow summer regression of learned reading skills.
- $69,860 awarded in Classroom Innovation Grants to support an enriched learning experience for students.
- 85 students were awarded $162,300 in scholarships.
- 50 students in need received laptops/tablets to support learning in the classroom and at home.