Kids who have access to great books become great readers. Research has shown that increasing access to books and giving children the choice to choose what they want to read improves academic performance and attitudes toward reading and learning. By building shared classroom libraries through Reading Rooms, children and teachers have access to thousands of high-interest, high-quality books improving reading skills for reluctant readers and provides more opportunity for growing readers.
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Hold a book drive in your business or organization and drop off your books at the Tools for Schools Resource Center. Purchase books from the HCPS Curated Book List. Email us at email@example.com to schedule a drop off.
- Make a financial donation and we will purchase the exact books needed in the schools matching books to readers.
- $600 will fund one classroom library
- $2500 will fund one grade level
- $5000 will fund 1/2 of a school Reading Room
- $10,000 will fund an entire school Reading Room
Click the donation button below or make checks payable to:
Harford County Education Foundation
260 Gateway Dr., Suite 21A
Bel Air, MD 21014